The main goals of the Polish Acarological Society are:
- research in the field of acarology and on other related groups of arthropods,
- collecting acarological data,
- cooperation with organizations collecting and sharing taxonomic and fauna data,
- developing and promoting acarological and natural knowledge as well as activities for the protection of nature,
- publishing a specialist scientific periodical devoted to acarology,
- representing acarologists associated in the Society in contacts with other organizations and institutions.
PTA intends to achieve the above objectives by:
- inspiring and coordinating acarological research,
- organizing research teams, including international ones, to develop specific research topics and coordinate their activities,
- cooperation with other scientific and national organizations and centers of a similar nature,
- organizing trips and expeditions to collect scientific materials for the Society’s own needs and at the request of various institutions and organizations,
- organization of meeting and scientific conferences,
- organizing specialist courses and trainings,
- appointment of the journal, printed and / or in electronic form, dedicated to acarological research.